Keto saffron pannacotta
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp (3.5 g) unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2 cups 475 ml
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch 1 pinch saffron
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chopped almonds (optional)
- 12 12 physalis or fresh raspberries (optional)
- Mix gelatin with a small amount of water (follow instructions for your chosen brand, usually 1 tablespoon water for every 1 tsp gelatin) and set aside to bloom.
- Bring cream, vanilla, saffron and optional honey to a light boil in a sauce pan. Lower the heat and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove the pan from the stove top and add the gelatin. Stir until completely dissolved.
- Pour the mix into 6 glasses or ramekins. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Toast the almonds in a dry, hot frying pan for a few minutes and add on top of the pannacotta with physalis or other berries and serve.
You can vary the flavoring of this pannacotta in a number of ways. Try adding more vanilla for a plain but intense vanilla flavor. You can also use licorice powder, lemon or orange zest, cocoa powder or coffee granules dissolved in a few drops of hot water. Always add a pinch of vanilla when experimenting with other flavors, it enhances the natural sweetness of the cream. Also, a touch of sea salt would be amazing with this dessert!