Keto rhubarb tart
- Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C), fan forced. Lightly grease a 9-inch (24 cm) tart pan.
- Place the almond flour, erythritol and shredded coconut into a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Melt the butter in a microwave-safe container and pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well until a loose dough is formed.
- Use a spoon to spoon dough evenly around the edges and in the centre of your tart pan, and then press into place firmly with your fingertips. Place crust into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, place the softened butter and erythritol into the bowl of your mixer and beat until pale and fluffy. Add the almond flour, eggs and vanilla in batches, beating well in between additions.
- Remove tart crust from the oven and leave oven running.
- Using a vegetable peeler, peel long strips from your rhubarb stalks and set to one side.
- Spoon the filling into the tart shell and then spiral the rhubarb strips and push them firmly into the filling. Feel free to do some loose spirals and some tight ones, for variation.
- Bake for a further 35 minutes.
I like to use a 1/4 cup measure to finish the sides of the crust. Press it firmly against the seam of the crust to get a lovely sharp return.
Store tart, well wrapped, in the refrigerator for up to five days. Please note that the crust will soften.