Keto chocolate muffin in a mug
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (15 g) almond flour or hazelnut flour
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (5 g) cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) erythritol (optional)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp (2.5 g) baking powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp melted coconut oil or butter
- ½ oz. 15 g sugar-free dark chocolate
- ½ tsp ½ tsp coconut oil or butter for greasing the mugs
- Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl. Stir in egg and melted coconut oil or butter. Mix until smooth.
- Add coarsely chopped chocolate and pour into two well-greased coffee mugs or microwave-safe ramekins.
- Microwave at maximum power for 1-11⁄2 minutes (700 watts). Remove and let cool for a minute.
- Serve with a dollop of whipped coconut cream or sour cream if you tolerate dairy.
Keep in mind that the muffin will initially swell to double its size while cooking in the microwave, then it will shrink. Fill the mug to a maximum of two-thirds.
Bake in the oven
If you don't want to use your microwave you can bake these chocolate muffins in the oven. In fact, if you have time, we actually recommend that you do. Microwaves vary in capacity and the results depend a lot on the size of your mug etc.
If you want to bake them in the oven, this is how to do it:
Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Prepare the batter according to the instructions above. Place liners in a muffin pan and fill them halfway. Bake for about 18 minutes or until it's springy to the touch when pressing gently in the middle.