Keto cauliflower hash with eggs and Poblano peppers
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder or onion powder (optional)
- 1 lb 450 g grated cauliflower
- 1 oz. 28 g butter or coconut oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 oz. 85 g pimiento de padronpimientos de padron or poblano pepperpoblano peppers
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- Combine mayonnaise and garlic or onion powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grate the cauliflower, including the stem; either use a hand-held grater or chop it into rough, but fairly small, pieces in a food processor.
- Fry grated cauliflower for about five minutes in a generous amount of butter or oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush some oil on the poblanos. Fry or grill until the skin starts to bubble a little bit.
- Fry the eggs as you like them. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately with the roasted poblanos and cauliflower hash. Top with a nice dollop of seasoned mayo.
If you enjoy dairy, cheese sticks or fried halloumi cheese make a nice addition for flavor and protein. Crumbled feta is also tasty — it really compliments the roasted peppers! We feature mild green poblano peppers here, but you can substitute peppers of any color or level of heat! If you don't care for peppers, try sliced avocado instead.