Keto caramel slice
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) almond flour
- ½ cup (1½ oz.) 120 ml (45 g) unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3½ oz. 100 g butter, melted
- A pinch of salt
- 5 oz. 140 g butter
- ¾ cup (5½ oz.) 180 ml (160 g) erythritol (preferably Sukrin Gold)
- 1½ cups 350 ml
- 7 oz. (1½ cups) 200 g (350 ml) sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 360 °F (180 °C). Line an 8" x 8" (20 x 20 cm) square cake tin with parchment paper.
- Mix base ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; mix until well combined.
- Spread evenly over the base of the prepared cake tin. Bake for 8 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in the tin.
- In a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, prepare the filling by melting the butter, adding the sweetener, and continuing to heat until the sweetener has dissolved. Add cream and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stir continuously for 15-20 minutes until the sauce has thickened, reduced, and is caramel in color.
- Remove from heat, spread in an even layer over the cooled base. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
- Prepare the topping by placing chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe container. Heat in 30-second bursts, stirring after each burst of heat, until completely melted.
- Top caramel with an even layer of chocolate. Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
- When firm, cut into pieces.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Diet Doctor's recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Kim Caruk's book, Fat Bombs – Deliciously Sweet Treats.