- 2 cups 475 ml coconut oil
- 1 cup 225 ml (110 g) fine ground almond flour
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (15 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- ¼ cup 60 ml (50 g) erythritol
- ½ tsp ½ tsp (2.5 g) baking soda
- 1 cup 225 ml crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup 125 ml cream cheese
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- Add the oil to a 9-10 inch (25 cm) skillet, and heat over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, psyllium husk, salt, nutmeg, baking soda and erythritol.
- Add in the feta and use your hands to break it down and crumble it into the dry mix.
- Add in the cream cheese and the eggs and fold them in until fully combined.
- Insert a wooden spoon into the oil, when it sizzles, it’s hot enough.
- Shape 8 or more 2-inch (5 cm) balls with the mix. Drop one at a time in the hot oil. We cooked 4-6 at a time as they will swell when frying and you don’t want to crowd the skillet.
- Cook 2-3 minutes until browned then use a slotted spoon to turn them over and fry another 2 minutes.
- Remove the buñuelos from the oil and set on a wire rack to cool while you fry the rest of the batter.
- You can decorate with confectioner’s erythritol if you like. Enjoy right away!
Instead of cream cheese you can use queso fresco or ricotta salata. You can also use flax seed meal instead of the psyllium husk.