- 6 oz. 170 g butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup (3 oz.) 80 ml (85 g) almond butter
- 3 3 large egglarge eggs
- ¾ cup (5½ oz.) 180 ml (160 g) erythritol
- 1⁄3 cup (1 oz.) 80 ml (30 g) cocoa powder
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- ½ tsp ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp ½ tsp instant coffee powder (optional)
- 1 oz. 28 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 80% cocoa solids, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) degrees.
- Line a 9” by 13” (23 x 33 cm) baking dish with parchment paper.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to combine the butter, almond butter, eggs, and sweetener. Mix well until the sweetener is thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the cocoa powder, almond flour, baking powder, salt, water, vanilla extract, and instant coffee powder and stir until smooth. Lightly mix in the chopped chocolate bar.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and smooth with a spatula. The batter will be thick.
- Bake for 25 to 28 minutes or until just set. Do not overbake or the bars will be dry.
- Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes before cutting.
For a less sweet brownie you can reduce or eliminate the erythritol sweetener.
For an even more decadent dessert, serve with unsweetened whipping cream, beaten to soft peaks.
Store covered in the refrigerator to prevent drying out.