Keto breakfast cereal with almond milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp golden flax meal
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 cups 1.4 liters unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Blend together almond flour, sunflower seeds, flax meal, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl or preferably in a food processor to finely chop the sunflower seeds.
- If using a food processor, pulse in the water and coconut oil until dough forms. If blending by hand, stir the liquid ingredients into dry ingredients to form a dough.
- Place the dough ball on a sheet of parchment paper and press flat. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and roll dough to about 1/8 to 1/16" (1.5 - 3 mm) thickness.
- Put on cutting board, remove top parchment paper, and cut into 1" (2.5 cm) squares using a pizza cutter or knife.
- With the parchment paper still on the bottom, transfer the cut dough onto a baking sheet. Bake until edges are brown and crisp (about 10-15 minutes). Allow cooling on a rack then separate squares into individual pieces.
- Serve plain for snacking or enjoy in a bowl with unsweetened almond milk or other low-carb, unsweetened nut milk.
Tip from our Dietitian
If enjoying this cereal for breakfast we recommend increasing the protein for a more filling and nutritious meal. If you tolerate dairy, replace the almond milk with greek yogurt. If you don't eat dairy products, eat a couple of eggs on the side.