Keto breakfast cereal with almond milk
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp golden flax meal
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 6 cups 1.4 liters unsweetened almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Blend together almond flour, sunflower seeds, flax meal, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl or preferably in a food processor to finely chop the sunflower seeds.
- If using a food processor, pulse in the water and coconut oil until dough forms. If blending by hand, stir the liquid ingredients into dry ingredients to form a dough.
- Place the dough ball on a sheet of parchment paper and press flat. Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and roll dough to about 1/8 to 1/16" (1.5 - 3 mm) thickness.
- Put on cutting board, remove top parchment paper, and cut into 1" (2.5 cm) squares using a pizza cutter or knife.
- With the parchment paper still on the bottom, transfer the cut dough onto a baking sheet. Bake until edges are brown and crisp (about 10-15 minutes). Allow cooling on a rack then separate squares into individual pieces.
- Serve plain for snacking or enjoy in a bowl with unsweetened almond milk or other low-carb, unsweetened nut milk.
Tip from our Dietitian
If enjoying this cereal for breakfast we recommend increasing the protein for a more filling and nutritious meal.
If you tolerate dairy, replace the almond milk with greek yogurt.
If you don't eat dairy products, eat a couple of eggs on the side.
You could try omitting the flax but we have not tested this recipe without it or with a substitute.
Sounds great! Thanks for the tip!
Typically things like this should be stored in the refrigerator and can last up to a week refrigerated. If storing in the pantry, only 2-3 days as there are no food preservatives in this recipe.
We have not tested this recipe with those substitutes, but they may work!
I am sorry you didn't love this one. I will share your feedback with our recipe team.
Wonderful! So glad you both love it!
MUCH love and appreciation to all of those who have time and mental space to go deep on the recipes.
Is the nutrition of unsweetened almond milk included in the nutrition information per serving?