Fabulous keto n’oatmeal
- 1 cup 240 ml canned, unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp flaxseed, whole
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- Mix all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat and let simmer until desired thickness is reached. This shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.
- Top with butter and coconut milk – or almond milk and cinnamon – or fresh, unsweetened berries. The possibilities are endless!
Make a large batch of the dry ingredients and store in a big glass jar for an even quicker breakfast. This will be enough for 20 servings, corresponding to 3 tablespoons seed mix per serving:
1¼ cup flaxseeds
1¼ cup chia seeds
1¼ cup sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
Tip from our Dietitian
If enjoying this low-carb n'oatmeal for breakfast we recommend increasing the protein for a more filling and nutritious meal.
If you tolerate dairy you could add 2 tbsp whey protein isolate per serving.
If you don't eat dairy products, eat a couple of eggs on the side.
Now do tell how do troll bogeys taste again lol!!!
I do recommend leaving the mixture overnight so it thickens properly. The uncooked mix keeps perfectly well for 3 or 4 days.
Thanks so much for your feedback!
For the nay sayers out there: it's NOT oatmeal porrige folks. This is KETO! If you are going to be successful on Keto you need to leave grains behind, keep an open mind and experiment to find what substitutes you like and don't like. Everyone's taste preferences (flavour and consistancy) are different. For those of us looking for constructive reviews and advice, ideas for improvement or 'mixing it up' for variety are greatly appreciated. Derogatory attacks and negative comments from people who have NOT EVEN TRIED THE RECIPE, are simply NOT helpful. If it doesn't sound yummy to you, move on!
Thank you, and I am glad that you enjoyed the recipe!
The whole flax seeds are part of what give this dish its texture.
NoOatmeal. Theres NO oatmeal in it.