Low carb mushroom palak paneer
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter or ghee
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garam masala seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh ginger, diced finely
- 1 pinch 1 pinch chili flakes (optional)
- 7 oz. (2¾ cups) 200 g (700 ml) mushrooms, quartered
- 8 oz. 230 g paneer cheese, cubed
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 10 oz. 280 g frozen spinach
- ¾ cup 180 ml
- salt, to taste
- Place a pan over medium-high heat. Melt the butter. Once the butter is hot, add the garam masala, ginger, and chili, and fry for a minute to release the aromatics.
- Add the mushrooms and paneer and fry until golden brown, moving around gently to avoid burning.
- Add the tomato paste, stirring to combine it with the mushrooms and paneer.
- Add the frozen spinach. Place a lid on the pan to allow the spinach to defrost and cook through (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove the lid, add the cream, and stir in well. Allow the cream to reduce and thicken.
Serve with cauliflower rice or a keto naan bread for the full Indian take out meal, at home.
Frozen spinach can easily be swapped for fresh if desired.