- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2¼ – 3 lbs 1 – 1.4 kg salmon
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ground black pepper
- 7 oz. 200 g butter
- 1 1 lemon
Nutrition74% Fat25% Protein1% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place the salmon with the skin down in a greased baking dish (1 tablespoon olive oil), salt and pepper generously.
- Slice the lemon thinly and place on top of the salmon. Cover with half of the butter in thin slices.
- Bake on middle rack for about 20–30 minutes, depending on size.
- Heat the rest of the butter in a small sauce pan until it starts to bubble. Remove from heat and let cool a little and carefully add some lemon juice.
- Serve the fish with the lemon butter and a side dish of your choice. See below for suggestions.