Baked mascarpone and blueberry dessert
- 2 2 egg yolkegg yolks
- 7 oz. (4⁄5 cup) 200 g (200 ml) mascarpone cheese
- 3½ oz. (2⁄3 cup) 100 g (160 ml) fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 °C).
- Separate the eggs into yolks and whites. Only the yolks are needed for this recipe. You can save the whites for another recipe if you wish.
- Mix the egg yolks with the mascarpone, and stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into (6 oz., 180 ml) ramekins, or small, ovenproof dishes. Bake on the middle rack for 15 - 20 minutes, or until semi-firm, and lightly browned (See tip).
- Let cool slightly, before serving. This dish can also be prepared in advance and served cold.
Baking times will vary, depending upon the size of the baking dishes.
If you prefer your dessert a little sweeter, you can add xylitol or erythritol.
You could also add some vanilla, a pinch of salt, and/or lemon zest for more flavor.
Feel free to replace the blueberries with another low-carb berry such as strawberries, or raspberries.
Diet Doctor receives no payment or other considerations from the sale of Pascale’s cookbooks or the publishing of this post. ↩