1-minute keto mug muffins
- 2 tsp 2 tsp butter or coconut oil, for greasing
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 4 tsp 4 tsp
- ½ tsp ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled or shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh basil, roughly chopped
- For each serving, grease one ramekin or large coffee mug with butter.
- Combine the eggs, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Mix well with a whisk or fork. Allow the batter to thicken for a couple of minutes.
- Add the feta cheese and basil. Stir until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the ramekins or microwave-safe mugs. Cook in the microwave on high for 45 seconds to one minute. Alternatively, these can be baked in the oven, at 400°F (200°C) for 12 minutes.
- Let the muffins cool before eating.
Coconut flour has the most amazing ability to absorb and swell when liquid (the egg) is added. Not allowing it to thicken can result in a dry, overcooked muffin.
Variations in coconut flour
Coconut flour varies greatly from brand to brand. One teaspoon of one coconut flour brand may be equivalent to one tablespoon of another. For this reason, it may take some trial and error to get these right.
Diet Doctor’s Recipe Team has slightly modified this recipe to follow our recipe and nutritional guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe here: Ditch the Carbs - 1-minute keto muffins.