Yogurt swirl with instant jam
- 4 oz. 110 g mixed berries (frozen)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract, to taste
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp orange juice
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp powdered erythritol (optional)
- 2 cups (13 oz.) 475 ml (350 g) Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- To make this in an instant, put all the compote ingredients in a microwave-proof bowl and heat on full power for about 3 minutes or until the berries are soft and begin to collapse. Then stir into the Greek yogurt.
- Put all the compote ingredients into a saucepan with a splash of water and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- When the berries are soft, they are done. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Mix into the Greek yogurt and serve straight away or chill in the fridge until you are ready to eat.
Make a simple version of this delicious treat by mashing fresh berries into Greek yogurt. It will bring out the flavors of berries!
Diet Doctor’s recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Katie's cookbook, "The Low Carb Weight‑Loss Cookbook".
Yes, it does! FAGE is one brand you might be able to find, but it will depend on where you're located.
The end result would likely be very sour. The orange juice is naturally sweeter than lemon juice.
It truly depends on the brand. You'll want to check the carb counts/ingredients of what's available in your area.
Yes, this would freeze well. The sweetener may be a bit gritty but it would be find other than that.