Rutabaga fritters with smoked salmon
- ¾ lb 325 g
- 8 oz. 230 g halloumi cheese
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp
- 1 pinch 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g smoked salmon
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 oz. (2½ cups) 140 g (600 ml) leafy greens
- Rinse and peel the rutabaga. Grate coarsely with a grater or in a food processor. Shred the cheese the same way.
- Mix cheese and rutabaga with the other ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Form 12 patties with your hands and place in a frying pan with butter. (Or use a large spoon and scoop mixture directly into the pan.)
- Fry on medium-high. Turn the patties after a few minutes. Lower heat towards the end. Keep cooked fritters warm in a warm oven.
- Serve with sliced avocado and a dollop of lemon-juice flavored mayonnaise.
Frying cheese may also be called grilling cheese, halloumi or Queso Para Frier. If salmon isn’t your favorite, serve the patties with tuna, mackerel or any other fatty fish. Delish!