- 3 3 eggeggs
- 7⁄8 oz. 25 g butter, for frying
- 7⁄8 oz. 25 g shredded cheese
- 1⁄5 1⁄5 yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 – 3 2 – 3 mushrooms
- salt and pepper
Nutrition75% Fat23% Protein2% Carbs
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs into a batter with a fork.
- Add salt and spices.
- Melt butter in a frying pan and pour in the batter when the butter has melted.
- When the omelet begins to cook and get firm, but still has a little raw egg on top, sprinkle cheese, mushrooms and onion on top (optional).
- Using a spatula, ease around the edges of the omelet, then fold it over in half. When it starts to turn golden brown underneath, remove the pan from the heat and slide the omelet on to a plate.
Serve the omelet with a crispy salad.
Photo: Sten Sture Skaldeman, The Low Carb High Fat Cookbook: 100 Recipes to Lose Weight and Feel Great