Low-carb imperial rice
- 2 cups 475 ml fully cooked, shredded chicken breastfully cooked, shredded chicken breasts
- ¼ cup 60 ml tomato sauce or pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise (preferably with avocado oil)
- 2 cups 475 ml riced cauliflower
- 1 tsp 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp ½ tsp fine salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ cup 125 ml soaked raw cashew nuts
- 1 tsp 1 tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp fine salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ ½ lemon, juiced
- ¼ cup 60 ml avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix the shredded chicken with the tomato or pumpkin puree, and seasonings and set aside.
- Mix the cauliflower rice with the turmeric, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Make the cheese. Combine all of the cashew cheese ingredients in the bowl of your food processor and blend until smooth.
- To assemble the casserole, use an 6 x 6 inch (15 x 15 cm) glass casserole dish. Spoon half of the cauliflower rice into it and flatten it down to the bottom of the dish. Spread 2 tablespoons of mayo over the cauliflower rice.
- Add half of the chicken over the mayo and spread it out evenly.
- Spoon half of the cashew cheese over the chicken evenly. Repeat again, rice, mayo, chicken, cheese.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 30 minutes until the top is golden and browned along the edges.
Make it with dairy
If you can do dairy, feel free to use 4-6 slices of part skim mozzarella instead of the cashew cheese.
You may also use chicken thighs instead of chicken breast. I like to make my chicken in the pressure cooker to save time! Or you can used leftover chicken from a roast. Anything to make this fast and easy.