Low-carb cranberry cream with pecans
- 1 lb 450 g frozen cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml water
- 1 tsp 1 tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- ½ cup (2¼ oz.) 120 ml (65 g) powdered erythritol
- 1 1 orange, the zestoranges, the zest
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz. 230 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup 240 ml
- ¼ cup 60 ml mayonnaise
- 2 oz. 55 g chopped pecans
- Combine the cranberries and water in a saucepan on low heat. Let simmer until the cranberries pop and become tender.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle in the gelatin, stirring as it is added, so that it does not clump.
- Stir in the sweetener, orange zest and vanilla extract until the sweetener is dissolved. Set aside or refrigerate to cool.
- Use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip the cream cheese. Add sour cream and mayonnaise and mix until well blended and creamy.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir in the cooled cranberry sauce, orange zest, and chopped pecans. Fold until well combined.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
This can be made ahead of time by at least a day or two. You can also make the cranberry sauce ahead of time and mix it with the remaining ingredients later.
Garnish with orange zest, freshly whipped cream or a sprinkle of pecans.
Add some orange extract or oil for extra flavor.