Low carb coconut and chocolate pudding
- 14 oz. 400 g unsweetened , canned
- 2 2 egg yolkegg yolks
- 3 oz. 85 g dark chocolate with a minimum of 80% cocoa solids or sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1 tsp 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Add coconut milk and egg yolks to a saucepan and stir to combine. Place over medium-low heat and let simmer while stirring for 10 minutes.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and add to a bowl.
- Add the vanilla and pour the coconut milk on top. Let stand for a while so that the chocolate melts.
- Whisk the batter and pour into glasses.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours before serving.
Be sure to use canned coconut milk to ensure you get the right texture.
Save the unused egg whites and add them to scrambled eggs or omelets. Alternatively, freeze them individually, or in twos, in small resealable plastic bags. Thaw by submerging the bag in room temperature water for 10 minutes.
This is another recipe from popular Swedish cookbook author and blogger Åse Falkman Fredrikson.