Keto cheesecake with blueberries
Making a perfect keto cheesecake is easier than you think. This one is both sugar and gluten-free, yet still tastes like a dream. Rich and comforting creaminess, topped with juicy fresh blueberries. Heaven is a place on earth indeed!
- 20 oz. 600 g cream cheese
- ½ cup 125 ml heavy whipping cream or crème fraîche
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 1 1 egg yolkegg yolks
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (10 g) erythritol (optional)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp lemon, zest
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 oz. 50 g fresh blueberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter a 9-inch (22 cm) springform and line the base with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter for the crust and heat until it gets a nutty scent. This will give the crust a lovely toffee flavor.
- Remove from heat and add almond flour, sweetener and vanilla. Combine into a dough and press into the base of the springform pan. Bake for 8 minutes, until the crust turns lightly golden. Set aside and allow to cool while you prepare the filling.
- Mix together cream cheese, heavy cream, eggs, lemon zest, vanilla and sweetener, if you’re using any. Combine well. Pour the mixture over the crust.
- Raise the heat to 400°F (200°C) and bake for 15 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 230°F (110°C) and bake for another 45-60 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let cool in the oven. Remove when it has cooled completely and place it in the fridge to rest overnight. Serve with fresh blueberries.