Baked eggs with veggies and spicy yogurt sauce
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp olive oil
- 10 oz. 280 g leek, slicedleeks, sliced
- 1 1 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- 7 oz. 200 g sugar snap peas
- 3 oz. (2¾ cups) 85 g (650 ml) fresh spinach
- salt and ground black pepper
- 17 oz. 475 g canned artichokes, drained and roughly chopped
- 8 8 eggeggs
- fresh basil or (optional)
- ½ cup 120 ml Greek yogurt
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tsp 3 tsp hot sauce or sriracha sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cumin
- salt and pepper, after taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add leeks and garlic and fry until fragrant. Add sugar snap peas and spinach. Fry for a few more minutes until peas are tender and water has evaporated from the spinach.
- Add the artichokes to the pan and combine with the fried vegetables. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Distribute the vegetables evenly in a casserole or baking dish. Make small wells in the veggies and break eggs into the wells, one by one, being careful not to break the yolk. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the eggs are to your desired firmness.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving. Serve with the yogurt sauce and maybe some fresh basil or arugula.
If you like your eggs soft, cook for just 15 minutes.
Make a large batch so you can freeze and reheat for future meals!
If you are using baby spinach, there is no need to de-stem and tear it into pieces.
Feel free to substitue kale or collard greens for the spinach.