Low-carb baked apples
Smells like apple pie... tastes like a dream. This easy take on low-carb baked apples comes together in no-time. Don't forget the luscious finishing touch—a dollop of whipped cream.
- 2 oz. 50 g butter, at room temperature
- 1 oz. 30 g pecans or walnuts
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp (30 g) coconut flour
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1 tart/sour appletart/sour apples
- ¾ cup 175 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix soft butter, chopped nuts, coconut flour, cinnamon and vanilla into a crumbly dough.
- Rinse the apple, but don't peel it or remove the seeds. Cut off both ends and cut the middle part in four slices.
- Place the slices in a greased baking dish and add dough crumbs on top. Bake for 15 minutes or more or until the crumbs turn golden brown.
- Add heavy whipping cream and vanilla to a medium-sized bowl and whip until soft peaks form.
- Let the apples cool for a couple of minutes and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
These baked apples can be served with whipped cream, full-fat crème fraiche, mascarpone, or a slice of cheddar. If you're allergic to nuts you can simply exclude them or substitute sunflower or sesame seeds to keep the crunch.