Low-carb 4th of July summer berry trifle
- 10 oz. 280 g cream cheese
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp erythritol (optional)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp almond extract
- 1¾ cups 425 ml
- 5 oz. 140 g fresh blueberries
- 10 oz. 280 g fresh strawberries
- Mix together cream cheese, vanilla extract, almond extract and sweetener, if you're using any. Mix until light and fluffy. Whip the heavy cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form and gently combine with the cream cheese.
- Pour one third of the cream cheese mixture in a glass bowl. Cover with a layer of sliced strawberries. Add one more cream cheese layer, and cover with a layer of blueberries.
- Cover with the rest of the cream cheese mixture and decorate the top with sliced berries arranged to look like an American flag. Serve immediately.
Yes, you can switch up the berries! Raspberries can sub in for strawberries. Blackberries can stand in for blueberries (and are lower carb, too). Go with you favorite flavors, or whatever is available in your market,