Keto seafood omelet
For a fresh take on fabulous, try this ready-in-fifteen-minutes keto meal. Seafood, dressed in a creamy sauce (accessorized with garlic, fennel, and chili) meets egg, dressed in browned butter simplicity. Then the omelet fold brings the flavors together. What a match!
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 oz. 150 g cooked shrimp or seafood mix
- 1 1 red chili pepperred chili peppers
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves (optional)
- ½ tsp ½ tsp fennel seeds or ground cumin
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives or dried chives
- 6 6 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil the shrimp or seafood mix in olive oil together with minced garlic, chili, fennel seeds, cumin, salt and pepper. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
- Add mayo and chives to the cooled seafood mixture.
- Whisk the eggs together. Season with salt and pepper. Fry in a non-stick skillet with plenty of butter or oil.
- Add the seafood mixture when the omelet is almost ready. Fold. Lower the heat and allow to set completely. Serve immediately.
Feeling fancy? Swap out the shrimp for canned lump crab meat... now we're talking TRUE INDULGENCE.