Keto egg casserole with zucchini and ham
- 1 lb 450 g zucchini, diced (about 0.25 inches or 0.5 centimeter)
- 6 6 large egglarge eggs
- ¼ cup 60 ml whole milk
- 2 oz. 55 g smoked deli ham, diced
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (110 ml) cream cheese, softened
- 1 (½ oz.) 1 (15 g) scallion, slicedscallions, sliced
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, for greasing (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F (180° C). Set aside a lightly greased, 9"x 9" (23 x 23 cm) baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs and milk together.
- Add the softened cream cheese. Small lumps of cream cheese in the mix are ok!
- Add the ham, spring onion, zucchini, and half the amount of shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and pour into a greased baking dish. Cover with the remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until the middle is set.
- Set aside to cool for 10 minutes prior to serving.
To quickly bring the cream cheese to room temperature, cut into 1" (2.5 cm) squares, separate, and rest on the countertop for 10 minutes. Alternatively, place the whole cream cheese block on the countertop, and rest for 60 minutes.
The zucchini will be more al dente in this recipe. If you prefer your zucchini softer, you can saute your diced zucchini in a pan for a few minutes first. This will also release some water from the vegetable, making your casserole firmer, and less moist.
Diet Doctor’s Recipe Team has slightly modified this recipe to follow our recipe and nutritional guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe link here: Ditch the Carbs - Low-carb zucchini and bacon slice.
Light in texture
I will make this recipe again I think I will add bacon.
Thank you for your feedback, we always love sharing recipes from our collaborators.
So glad you enjoyed it!
Thank for your work !!
Jalapenos sound like a great addition.