Keto berry squares
- 9 oz. (1¾ cups) 260 g (450 ml) frozen raspberries or frozen blackberries
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml water
- 1½ tbsp 1½ tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp erythritol
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line an 8" x 8" (20 cm x 20 cm) square cake pan with parchment paper.
- Mix crust ingredients in a medium mixing bowl, until well combined.
- Spread 2/3 of the crust mixture evenly over the base of the prepared cake pan. Press it down with a spatula. Bake for 7 minutes or until just lightly golden on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan.
- Place all filling ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Using a wooden spoon, stir and mash the berries until the sauce starts to thicken. Adjust sweetness to taste, remove from heat.
- Pour the filling evenly over the crust base and cover with the rest of the crust mixture in small blobs. Return to the oven and cook for a further 8 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tin. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours before cutting into squares.