Spicy AND creamy... yes, yes, YES. Fiery Caribbean spice mix and velvety mayonnaise combine to make one amazing seasoning. Use it as a marinade or sauce for meat, chicken or fish. This keto condiment is also amazing with anything BBQ’d! Mmmm...
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon Jerk seasoning, see ingredients below.
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons Scotch bonnet chili flakes
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon sea salt (optional)
- Mix mayonnaise and jerk seasoning in a small bowl. Add seasoning to taste.
- Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or more to allow the flavors to develop.
- Keep in the fridge up to 4–5 days.
- Mix together all the spices thoroughly and pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- If you use whole seeds, grind in a grinder either in advance or when cooking.
- Keep the spices in a dark, dry and cool place. Small tin cans are great for storage.
- Make a big batch to last for 4–6 months, after this the spices will lose some flavor and color. They won't go bad, but will be less powerful.
Try making a cole slaw with red cabbage, and jerk-flavored mayonnaise and maybe a touch of ripe mango!