- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Jerk seasoning, see ingredients below
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Scotch bonnet chili flakes
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sea salt (optional)
- Mix mayonnaise and jerk seasoning in a small bowl. Add seasoning to taste.
- Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or more to allow the flavors to develop.
- Keep in the fridge up to 4–5 days.
- Mix together all the spices thoroughly and pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- If you use whole seeds, grind in a grinder either in advance or when cooking.
- Keep the spices in a dark, dry and cool place. Small tin cans are great for storage.
- Make a big batch to last for 4–6 months, after this the spices will lose some flavor and color. They won't go bad, but will be less powerful.
Try making a cole slaw with red cabbage, and jerk-flavored mayonnaise and maybe a touch of ripe mango!