Mild, yet intense flavors come together in this tasty pesto made of sun-dried tomatoes, lemon, basil and a not-so-secret but essential ingredient: a good olive oil. Tastes like a sunny summer all year round!
- 2 oz. (1 cup) 55 g (240 ml) sun-dried tomatosun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup 160 ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried basil or fresh basil
- 1 1 big garlic clove, mincedbig garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Soak the tomatoes in lukewarm water for 10-15 minutes. Drain. Mix the tomatoes and the lemon juice with a hand blender.
- Start pouring in the olive oil in a thin stream and keep mixing until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add basil and garlic (if you're using any), and finish off with some more lemon juice and olive oil if you like.
Store in the refrigerator for 4-5 days or in the freezer for up to one month.