Chocolate-covered macadamia nut fat bombs
- ¼ cup 60 ml sugar-free dark chocolate, stevia-sweetened chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp MCT oil
- coarse salt or sea salt
- 1½ oz. 40 g raw macadamia nuts halves
- In a small microwave-safe dish, microwave the chocolate chips for 50 seconds or until melted. Stir until smooth, then add the MCT oil and a pinch of coarse salt. Mix until blended.
- Place 3 macadamia nut halves in each of 8 wells of a truffle mold or mini muffin pan or in each of 8 mini baking cups. Spoon some of the chocolate mixture into each well or baking cup, completely covering the nuts. Sprinkle additional salt over the chocolate.
- Transfer the mold or baking cups to the freezer for a minimum of 30 minutes, until the chocolate is solid.
- Store extras in a zip-top plastic bag in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Suzanne uses Lily’s baking chips. These chocolate chips are dairy-free but are manufactured using equipment that may come into contact with dairy, so those with dairy allergies should be cautious.
About the recipe
This recipe is part of a collaboration with Suzanne Ryan and comes from her book "Simply Keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss, with 100+ Easy Low-Carb Recipes". Copyright © 2017, Suzanne Ryan