Baked keto fish Caprese
- 2 (14 oz.) 2 (400 g)
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp green pesto
- 5 oz. (1¼ cups) 140 g (300 ml) , sliced
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- 1 oz. (1½ cups) 28 g (325 ml) or baby spinach
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp roasted pine nuts (optional)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh basil for garnish (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the fish fillets in the dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto generously on top of each fillet, then place cheese and tomatoes on top in an alternating pattern. Season with some more salt and pepper. Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked all the way through.
- Serve the fish on a bed of arugula and pour the juices from the baking dish over the dish. Garnish with roasted pine nuts and fresh basil leaves if you're going for a more elegant presentation.
Use fresh buffalo mozzarella for the best taste!
If you purchase frozen fish fillets, make sure to defrost them first.
Not a fish fan? Swap for boneless chicken breasts or thighs and adjust the cooking time until the chicken reaches 165°F (74°C).
If pine nuts aren't for you but you like some crunch in your salads, swap them for roasted sunflower seeds.