Taco or pizza, that is the eternal question. But what if you don't have to pick just one? Dreams do come true with this mighty cheesy taco meatza that combines the best of both worlds.
- ¾ lb 350 g ground chicken or any ground meat
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon Tex-Mex seasoning, sugar-free
- ¾ teaspoon ¾ teaspoon salt, if seasoning is not salted
- ½ cup 125 ml salsa sauce
- 7 oz. 200 g shredded cheese
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeños
- 1 1 avocadoavocados
- ¼ ¼ red onionred onions
- ½ cup 125 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (optional)
- ½ ½ limelimes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon red chili pepperred chili peppers (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Mix ground meat with egg and spices, until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the meat in thin flat circles (around 6 inches or 15 cm in diameter) in a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes in the oven.
- Remove from oven and top with salsa sauce, cheese and jalapeños. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and got a nice golden color. Remove from the oven.
- Cut onion and avocado in thin slices and spread them on top.
- Sprinkle with cilantro, lime, sour cream and possibly some red chili for additional color and spice.
Treat yourself to your own guacamole! Just mash the avocado and mix with pressed garlic, cilantro and lime juice.