Low-carb oriental red cabbage salad
- 2 lbs 900 g red cabbage
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 1 cinnamon stickcinnamon sticks
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1 orange, juice and zestoranges, juice and zest
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- Shred the cabbage finely, ideally with a mandolin slicer or in a food processor.
- Fry in butter on medium high for 10–15 minutes. Fry the cabbage gently until soft and shiny - not too brown.
- Salt and pepper. Add cinnamon, vinegar and orange juice. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add zest and dill towards the end or when serving.
If you have some left over, enjoy it as a topping on a sandwich!
Did you know?
The vinegar will help the red cabbage’s gorgeous color stay in tact.