Keto milk chocolate syrup
- 8 fl. oz. 225 ml water
- 2½ oz. 75 g (200 ml) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1⁄8 tsp 1⁄8 tsp salt
- 2 oz. 50 g (50 ml) erythritol
- 4 fl. oz. 125 ml
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the water and cocoa over low heat.
- Add the butter, salt, and sweetener and whisk until the butter is melted and the sweetener is dissolved.
- Pour in the cream and let simmer over low heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. The syrup will thicken as it cools.
This recipe makes a bitter-sweet chocolate sauce (similar to 85% dark chocolate). If you prefer a sweeter taste, you can increase the amount of erythritol up to as much as double if you have a very sweet palate.
Drizzle over freshly whipped cream and berries for a simple dessert. It’s also delicious drizzled over one of our ice cream recipes or our instant pot cheesecake.
This recipe yields a lot of chocolate syrup. If you need a smaller amount, you can reduce the recipe or you can freeze the sauce in smaller containers. To use after freezing, thaw in the refrigerator or at room temperature. Before using, heat the sauce on reduced power in the microwave or by placing the container in warm water.