Low-carb Nasi Goreng
It’s super simple to satisfy your craving for classic Indonesian fried rice—with cauliflower! All the exotic flavors and textures of classic Nasi Goreng shine through in this low-carb version. Dig in, and be transported!
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- ½ ½ lime, zest and juicelimes, zest and juice
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- ½ ½ yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 oz. 50 g scallionscallions
- ½ ½ green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 1 1 red chili pepperred chili peppers or green chili peppergreen chili peppers
- 4 oz. 110 g butter or olive oil
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1 oz. 30 g fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 4 eggeggs
- salt and pepper
- Mix the zest and juice from the lime with mayonnaise and set aside in the refrigerator while making the rest of the dish.
- Grate the cauliflower using the coarse side of the grater. Slice the onion, scallions, chili and bell pepper thinly. Fry in oil on medium high heat in a large skillet until the vegetables start to turn golden.
- Mince the garlic. Add garlic and ginger when the vegetables are almost done. Lower the heat and add the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crack the eggs straight into the pan and leave to set a bit before you stir. Allow the egg whites to get fully cooked before serving with a dollop of lime mayonnaise.
Craving a little meat? Cooked chicken or shrimp bring Nasi Goreng to a whole new level!