It’s super simple to satisfy your craving for classic Indonesian fried rice—with cauliflower! All the exotic flavors and textures of classic Nasi Goreng shine through in this low-carb version. Dig in, and be transported!
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- ½ ½ lime, zest and juicelimes, zest and juice
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- ½ ½ yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 oz. 50 g scallionscallions
- ½ ½ green bell peppergreen bell peppers
- 1 1 red chili pepperred chili peppers or green chili peppergreen chili peppers
- 4 oz. 110 g butter or olive oil
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1 oz. 30 g fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 4 eggeggs
- salt and pepper
- Mix the zest and juice from the lime with mayonnaise and set aside in the refrigerator while making the rest of the dish.
- Grate the cauliflower using the coarse side of the grater. Slice the onion, scallions, chili and bell pepper thinly. Fry in oil on medium high heat in a large skillet until the vegetables start to turn golden.
- Mince the garlic. Add garlic and ginger when the vegetables are almost done. Lower the heat and add the sesame oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Crack the eggs straight into the pan and leave to set a bit before you stir. Allow the egg whites to get fully cooked before serving with a dollop of lime mayonnaise.
Craving a little meat? Cooked chicken or shrimp bring Nasi Goreng to a whole new level!