Low carb Nasi Goreng
It’s super simple to satisfy your craving for classic Indonesian fried rice—with cauliflower! All the exotic flavors and textures of classic Nasi Goreng shine through in this low carb version. Dig in, and be transported!
- 2 lbs 900 g cauliflower, riced
- ¼ cup 60 ml coconut oil
- 2 tsp 2 tsp curry powder
- 4 4 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g) yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 3 (1½ oz.) 3 (45 g) scallion, slicedscallions, sliced
- 1 (5 oz.) 1 (140 g) green bell pepper, dicedgreen bell peppers, diced
- 2 2 red chili pepper, slicedred chili peppers, sliced
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Grate the cauliflower using the coarse side of the grater and prep the rest of the vegetables.
- Heat up a large wok or frying pan with coconut oil. When hot, add the curry, ginger, garlic, and onion. Fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, sesame oil, and tamari soy. Mix and fry for about 4 minutes.
- Crack half of the eggs straight into the pan and leave to set a bit before you stir. Allow the egg whites to get fully cooked
- Add the scallions, bell pepper, and chili. Give it a good mix. Taste and add more soy sauce or salt if necessary.
- Fry the rest of the eggs in another large frying pan in coconut oil on medium-high heat until crispy. Season with salt.
- Serve the Nasi Goreng with the eggs, garnish with more scallions and red chili.
Craving a little meat? Cooked chicken or shrimp bring Nasi Goreng to a whole new level!
What a lovely dish at nearly at the end of a week of gourmet eating courtesy of vegetarian #2. I've been heading towards LCHF for some time and finding it easy and very much to my taste. I have no idea what it's doing to me but I seem leaner and I certainly feel well and fit much of the time at 64 although it would be great if it could cure backache! I had blood tests done yesterday and I'll be interested in the results.
Doing LCHF 'properly' this week has been a real success in terms of enjoying the food and not getting hungry between meals. We are sold on it now. We have found the program really adaptable e.g. we took the mushroom fritatta out with us for a packed lunch yesterday and it was delicious cold. My husband is now won over to this way of eating and has started making jokes like 'Not another absolutely gorgeous meal! Can't they do something bland and boring? :)
We've got family staying next week. Apparently, our sister-in-law has just been told her BP is too high and her doctor is talking about statins. They run and go hill-walking but love their cereal and bread. We sense an opportunity. . . . .
Thanks so much for your feedback. We've listened, re-tested this recipe, and improved it. We hope once you try it again yourself, you'll notice the difference — and love it as much as we do.
/The recipe team
P.S. To keep the comments section up-to-date, we've gone ahead and removed any comments regarding the now-resolved issues. Thanks!
I love normal Nasi Goreng so would like to 'keto-ise' this recipe if possible.
Our recipe team has listened, re-tested, and improved this recipe. We hope once you try it again yourself, you'll notice the difference — and love it as much as we do.