Low carb Mexican hot chocolate (champurrado)
- 1 cup 240 ml water
- 1 1 cinnamon stickcinnamon sticks
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup 240 ml unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup 240 ml
- In a small pot, boil the water with the cinnamon stick in it until the water is reduced by half and turns slightly pink. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- In a bowl mix the coconut flour, the cocoa, the sweetener, and the ground cinnamon.
- Add the almond milk and the vanilla extract to the boiling water.
- Incorporate the dry ingredients using a whisk or a hand mixer so that they dissolve in the liquid.
- Add the cream and let boil until it thickens.
- Serve the champurrado in your favorite mug.
Let the champurrado cook longer if you want it to be thicker and darker.
Decorate it with ground cinnamon and/or cinnamon sticks.