Low carb ginger and licorice granola
- 1 1 egg whiteegg whites
- 4½ oz. (5⁄6 cup) 130 g (220 ml) chopped almonds
- 1 oz. (3 tbsp) 28 g (45 ml) sesame seeds
- 2½ oz. (¾ cup) 70 g (200 ml) unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- ¾ cup (3 oz.) 180 ml (85 g) almond flour
- 2 tsp 2 tsp licorice powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 2 oz. 55 g butter or coconut oil
- 4 cups (1½ lbs) 950 ml (700 g) Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 1 cup (5 oz.) 240 ml (150 g) fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg white until fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients and the chopped almonds to the bowl. Combine.
- Work in the butter with your fingers until the texture is smooth and the mixture starts to clump together.
- Spread the granola on the baking sheet in chunks. Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes.
- Carefully stir it around every three minutes. The nuts should crisp up without burning.
- Store in the fridge in a tightly sealed container.
- Serve with Greek yogurt and blueberries.