Low-carb ginger and licorice granola
- 1 1 egg whiteegg whites
- 4½ oz. 125 g chopped almonds
- 1 oz. 30 g (50 ml) sesame seeds
- 2 oz. 50 g butter or coconut oil
- 2½ oz. 75 g (200 ml) unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- ¾ cup 175 ml (100 g) almond flour
- 2 tsp 2 tsp (6 g) licorice powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 4 cups 1 liter Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Whip the egg white until fluffy.
- Mix in the dry ingredients and the chopped almonds.
- Work in the butter with your fingers until the texture is smooth and the dough is a single clump.
- Spread the granola on the baking sheet in chunks. Place in oven for 15–20 minutes.
- Carefully turn every three minutes. The nuts should become crispy without burning. It will take about 15–20 minutes.
- Store in the fridge in a tightly sealed container.
- Serve with full-fat Greek yogurt or heavy cream. Or both.