Low-carb eggplant hash with eggs
Missing old-fashioned potato hash? Wait until you taste this one! A scrumptious, easy to make low-carb breakfast that the whole family will love. Impress them as they rise and shine!
- 2 2 eggplant
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz. 225 g halloumi cheese or other cheese suitable for frying
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- Peel and chop the onion finely.
- Dice eggplant and halloumi cheese into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Fry the onion in oil on medium heat until soft. Add halloumi cheese and eggplant and fry until everything is golden brown. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Fry the eggs the way you like them in a different pan and serve with a few drops of (optional) Worcestershire sauce.
Select the small or medium-sized eggplants at the market—they have much better flavor than the larger ones!