Low carb almond butter and raspberry cups
This low carb chocolate cup by Kim Caruk combines the delicious flavors of almond butter, raspberry, and dark chocolate for the perfect bite-sized, sugar-free treat.
- 5½ oz. (1¼ cups) 160 g (290 ml) sugar-free dark chocolate
- 1½ oz. (3 tbsp) 45 g (50 ml) cocoa butter
- ½ tsp ½ tsp unflavored powdered gelatin
- 2 tsp 2 tsp cold water
- ½ cup (2½ oz.) 120 ml (70 g) frozen raspberries
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp powdered erythritol
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp chia seeds
- ¼ cup (2¼ oz.) 60 ml (65 g) almond butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp powdered erythritol
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Place chocolate and cocoa butter in a microwave-safe container. Heat in 30-second bursts, stirring after each burst of heat, until completely melted.
- Coat the inside edges of a 12-hole silicone mini muffin tray with melted chocolate. Reserve remaining chocolate for use in Step 10.
- Refrigerate chocolate cups.
- Prepare the raspberry jam by combining the gelatin and water in a small bowl. Allow gelatin to bloom.
- Add the remaining raspberry-jam ingredients to a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat. Stir continuously, mashing the raspberries as your stir.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add the gelatin. Stir the mixture to dissolve gelatin.
- Remove from heat and allow to come to room temperature.
- Add almond butter and powdered erythritol to a medium mixing bowl. Mix well. If your almond butter is more firm, you may want to heat the mixture in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Remove chocolate cups from the fridge. Cover the base of each chocolate cup with a teaspoon of almond filling and top with a teaspoon of raspberry jam.
- Cover filled chocolate cups with remaining chocolate. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove chocolates from the tray. Enjoy!
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Diet Doctor's recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Kim Caruk's book, Fat Bombs – Deliciously Sweet Treats.