Laplandic beef cabbage soup
- 1 lb 450 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb 450 g , shredded
- 6 cups 1.4 liters water
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- 2 2 bay leafbay leaves
- 2 2 meat bouillon cube, crumbledmeat bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp
- 1 (3 oz.) 1 (90 g) leek, finely choppedleeks, finely chopped
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Brown the meat in a large pot. Add shredded cabbage and keep frying until the cabbage has softened and got a nice color.
- Add water, mustard, tomato paste, bay leaves, bouillon and soy sauce. Bring to a boil and simmer on medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the leek to the soup just a few minutes before serving. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with finely chopped parsley and a dollop of sour cream.