Keto rutabaga fritters with smoked salmon
- 10 oz. 300 g smoked salmon
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g leafy greens
- Rinse and peel the rutabaga. Grate coarsely with a grater or in a food processor. Shred the cheese the same way.
- Mix cheese and rutabaga with the other ingredients in a bowl. Let sit for a few minutes.
- Form 12 patties with your hands and place in frying pan with a generous amount of butter. (Or use a large spoon and scoop mixture directly into pan.)
- Fry on medium high. Turn the patties after a few minutes. Lower heat towards the end. Keep cooked fritters warm in a warm oven.
- Serve with a sliced avocado and a dollop of lemon-juice flavored mayonnaise.
Frying cheese may also be called grilling cheese, halloumi or Queso Para Frier. If salmon isn’t your favorite, serve the patties with tuna, mackerel or any other fatty fish. Delish!