Keto pastrami salad with fried eggs and croutons
- 8 8 low-carb parmesan croutons
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 oz. (3 cups) 110 g (700 ml) lettuce, chopped
- 1 (1 oz.) 1 (30 g) shallot, thinly slicedshallots, thinly sliced
- 1 1 dill pickle, cut lengthwise, into 4 piecesdill pickles, cut lengthwise, into 4 pieces
- 8 oz. 230 g pastrami
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- 4 4 eggeggs
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Start making the low-carb parmesan croutons, if you don't have them on hand already.
- Combine the mayonnaise and mustard. Set aside.
- Divide the lettuce between the serving plates. Top the lettuce with the shallot, pickle, pastrami, and a generous amount of the mustard mayonnaise.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a large, non-stick frying pan. For sunny side-up eggs, crack the eggs into the pan and fry for 2-3 minutes. For over-easy eggs, gently flip the eggs over with a spatula after 2 minutes, and cook for another 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the eggs and the parmesan croutons on top of the salad and serve immediately.
You can make this salad with any kind of meat – leftover lamb, turkey or grilled chicken! Or try it with freshly fried bacon or ham. You could also substitute the lettuce for arugula.