Keto pastrami salad with fried eggs and croutons
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise or vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 (1 oz.) 1 (30 g) shallot, choppedshallots, chopped
- 1 1 dill pickle, cut lengthwise, into 4 piecesdill pickles, cut lengthwise, into 4 pieces
- 4 oz. (3 cups) 110 g (700 ml) lettuce, chopped
- 8 oz. 230 g pastrami
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- 8 8 low-carb parmesan croutons
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- Start making the low-carb parmesan croutons, if you don't have them on hand already.
- Stir together mayonnaise and mustard and set aside.
- Place the lettuce onto two plates. Top the lettuce with the onion, sliced pickle, pastrami, and a generous amount of the mustard mayonnaise.
- Melt the butter over medium heat, in a large, non-stick frying pan. For sunny side up, add the eggs to the pan, and fry for about 2-3 minutes. For over-easy, gently flip the eggs over with a spatula, and cook for about 30 more seconds. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the eggs and the parmesan croutons on the salad plate, and serve immediately.
You can make this salad with any kind of meat – leftover lamb, turkey or grilled chicken! Or try it with freshly fried bacon or ham. You could also substitute the lettuce for arugula.