Keto fried cheese with roasted peppers
Oh, wow. Are you going to love this dish. It’s loaded with salty goodness, and smoky flavors from the charred bell peppers. Combine that with a cool and creamy cucumber salad? Be prepared to fall in love!
- 20 oz. 550 g halloumi cheese or other cheese suitable for frying, for example paneer or saganaki
- 20 oz. 600 g red bell pepperred bell peppers
- 25 tsp 120 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4¼ oz. 120 g cream cheese
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise
- 2 oz. 60 g cucumber, diced
- 2 oz. 60 g dill pickle, choppeddill pickles, chopped
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried mint
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (225°F) if possible, using the oven's broil function.
- Place the bell peppers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. The peppers can be whole or divided, depending on size and kind. Broil until the skin starts bubbling and turning a little black.
- It will take about 10-15 minutes, depending on the oven. Turn them after half the time. You can also use an outdoor grill or a grill pan.
- Mix all ingredients for the cucumber salad. Place in the fridge while you fry the cheese in a little olive oil, a few minutes on each side. Place cheese, bell peppers and salad on plates and serve.
To minimize splattering, dry off excess liquid from the cheese before adding it to the frying pan. You can also garnish the dish with fresh oregano, for an extra floral layer to the dish.