Keto chocolate mint cups
- 4 oz. (4⁄5 cup) 110 g (200 ml) sugar-free dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 oz. 55 g coconut oil
- 3 oz. 85 g coconut butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
- 2 tsp 2 tsp peppermint extract
- Line a mini muffin tray with mini-muffin liners (you can double up to make them more stable). Set aside.
- Combine half of the chocolate and half of the coconut oil in a microwave-safe container. Heat in 30-second bursts, stirring after each burst until completely melted.
- Evenly distribute the chocolate amongst the prepared liners.
- Refrigerate chocolate-filled liners for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add all mint-filling ingredients to a microwave-safe container. Microwave in 30-second bursts, stirring in between each burst, until melted and smooth.
- Remove tray from the fridge, evenly divide mint mixture over chocolate layer. Refrigerate for a further 15 minutes or until set firm.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave in 30-second bursts until melted and smooth. Divide evenly over the mint layer.
- Refrigerate mint slices for at least 1 hour. Once firm, remove mint slices from muffin liners.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 4 weeks.
Diet Doctor's recipe team has slightly adjusted this recipe to follow our guidelines. You’ll find the original recipe in Kim Caruk's book, Fat Bombs – Deliciously Sweet Treats.
You could use another low-carb nut butter, such as almond butter or peanut butter, however this will change the macros for the recipe.