Luscious lime high protein smoothie
Whip up our simple, high protein lime smoothie in mere minutes to start your day with the protein boost you need without protein powders.
- 5 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 140 g (160 ml) cottage cheese
- 1½ cups (9½ oz.) 350 ml (270 g) Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup (1½ oz.) 80 ml (45 g) powdered erythritol or a few stevia drops (optional)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp lime zest
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Place the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the yogurt, sour cream, sweetener, lime juice, and lime zest. Blend until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into two serving glasses. Serve immediately. Garnish with additional lime zest, a lime wedge, or a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
Using the zest of the lime is a fantastic way to add a lot of flavor and no carbs. The zest (the very thin outer green part) has oils that carry a lot of zip. Be sure to avoid the white part of the peel since it is very bitter.
Please consider publishing recipes (sweet and savoury) with full fat quark 12g fat/3g carbs/9g protein.
I bet that was delicious! Thanks for sharing!
*** This recipe will now be my 'go-to smoothie'. My Numero-Uno! Thank you Kristie S. for your tremendous recipe & talent.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, Jill!