Luscious lime high-protein smoothie
- 5 oz. (2⁄3 cup) 140 g (160 ml) cottage cheese
- 1½ cups (9½ oz.) 350 ml (270 g) Greek yogurt (4% fat)
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml
- 1⁄3 cup (1½ oz.) 80 ml (45 g) powdered erythritol or a few stevia drops (optional)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp 2 tsp lime zest
- Place the cottage cheese in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the yogurt, sour cream, sweetener, lime juice, and lime zest. Blend until creamy.
- Pour the mixture into two serving glasses. Serve immediately. Garnish with additional lime zest, a lime wedge, or a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
Using the zest of the lime is a fantastic way to add a lot of flavor and no carbs. The zest, (the very thin outer green part) has oils that carry a lot of zip. Be sure to avoid the white part of the peel since it is very bitter.