Delicious. Healthy beyond compare. Enhances any dish. You guessed it... olive oil! Flavor your oil with fresh lemon, savory herbs, or heady garlic. Or get creative and try out another spice you love. Mmmm. Bonus: it looks pretty, too!A drizzle of olive oil over plated food is a smart way to get enough fat. So live like they do in Mediterranean countries, and pour it on! A couple of tablespoons cold-pressed olive oil takes a lot less time to make than a complicated sauce, and is especially handy if you want to cut back on dairy, since many LCHF sauces, both cold and hot, are based on butter, heavy whipping cream, or cheese.
- olive oil
- Flavoring of your choice (see our suggestions below for inspiration)
- One way of varying your olive oil is to use different herbs, lemon zest, or perhaps garlic or chili for flavoring. Use organic products when available.
- Wash carefully and peel/cut them the way you like.
- Add flavoring to a dry, clean small glass jar/bottle or a jar with a lid and pour in extra virgin olive oil. Bundle and tie the herbs together, so that it will be easier to get them out. To prevent mold from growing, be sure the oil covers the flavoring.
- Prepare fresh and use right away. If you are saving any leftovers, refrigerate the oil and use within a week. Flavored oils can be enjoyed as a dressing on top of your meal or used for cooking.
- Thinly sliced lemon or lime zest
- Fresh or dried chili/peppers
- A small bundle fresh or dried herbs like parsley, thyme, oregano, basil or rosemary
- 1–2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed—no need to peel