- 2⁄3 lb 300 g fresh green beans
- 3¼ oz. 90 g butter
- 1 cup 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 – 2 1 – 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 2 lemon
- salt and pepper
Nutrition80% Fat5% Protein11% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Peel the root celery and cut into half-inch thick slices. Add oil and salt to both sides. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix together coconut and flour, and sprinkle on the root celery. Perhaps add additional oil on top.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or more until the breading has turned a nice color and the celery is soft.
- Meanwhile, prepare the beans. Trim and cut into nicely sized pieces. Sauté in butter for 5 minutes on medium high heat. Add cream and spices.
- Lower the heat and let simmer until the cream thickens a bit. Add finely chopped parsley and 1-2 squeezed garlic cloves before serving.
- Char the lemon. Cut into halves and place with cut surface down in a hot and non-greased pan. Press until the lemon has turned a nice color. Squeeze lemon juice on top of the breaded celery and serve.
Root celery is a great alternative to potatoes, and prepared like in this recipe it will be a nice side dish for meat, fish or poultry. Try shredded cheese instead of coconut for the breading.