Breaded root celery with creamed garlic beans
- 20 oz. 600 g celery root
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (10 g) unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp (15 g) or almond flour
- 10 oz. 300 g fresh green beans
- 3 oz. 90 g butter
- 1 cup 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 - 2 1 - 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 2 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Peel the celery root and cut into half-inch-thick slices. Add oil and salt to both sides. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix together coconut and flour, and sprinkle on the root celery. Add additional oil on top, if desired.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or more, until the breading has turned a golden brown and the celery is softened.
- Meanwhile, prepare the beans. Trim and cut into nicely sized pieces. Sauté in butter for 5 minutes on medium high heat. Add cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and let simmer until the cream thickens a bit. Add finely chopped parsley and 1-2 squeezed garlic cloves before serving.
- Char the lemons. Cut into halves and place with cut surface down in a hot and non-greased pan. Press until the lemon has turned a nice color. Squeeze lemon juice on top of the breaded celery and serve.
Craving a little meat? Celery root is always a great alternative to potatoes and this particular preparation makes the perfect side dish for beef, fish or poultry. Want a little more variety? Try shredded cheese instead of coconut for the breading.