Breaded celery root with creamed garlic beans
- 1½ lbs 650 g or
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp or almond flour
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g
- 3 oz. 85 g butter
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 2 lemon, halvedlemons, halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Peel the celery root and cut into half-inch-thick (1 cm) slices. Add oil and salt to both sides. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Mix together coconut and flour, and sprinkle on the root celery. Add additional oil on top, if desired.
- Roast in oven for 30 minutes or more, until the breading has turned a golden brown and the celery is softened.
- Meanwhile, prepare the beans. Trim and cut into nicely sized pieces. Sauté in butter for 5 minutes on medium-high heat. Add cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and let simmer until the cream thickens a bit. Add finely chopped parsley and garlic before serving.
- Char the lemons. Cut into halves and place with cut surface down in a hot and non-greased pan. Press until the lemon has turned a nice color. Squeeze lemon juice on top of the breaded celery and serve.
Tip from our Dietitian
If enjoying this as a lunch or dinner we recommend increasing the protein for a more filling and nutritious meal.
You could serve it with a couple of fried eggs, halloumi or add edamame beans to the veggie mix to keep it vegetarian.
Craving a little meat? Celery root is always a great alternative to potatoes and this particular preparation makes the perfect side dish for beef, fish or poultry.
Try shredded cheese instead of coconut for the breading.