Zoodles with creamy salmon sauce
- 2 lbs 900 g , spiralized
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (110 ml) cream cheese
- ¼ cup (1⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (11 g) chopped fresh basil or
- 1 1 lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- 1 lb 450 g smoked salmon
- Wash the zucchini and cut them into thin, pasta-like strips using a peeler, mandolin or spiralizer.
- Place the zucchini in a colinder, add salt, and mix to coat the strips. Set aside for 5-10 minutes and then press to discard excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, cream and lime juice in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes while stirring.
- Lower the heat and add herbs and the smoked salmon, cut into thin strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a frying pan and put over medium high heat. Add zucchini spirals and fry for a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with the sauce.
Not quite ready for zoodles? Try this easy but delicious wonder sauce on our keto pasta instead!
Recommended special equipment