Zoodles with creamy salmon sauce
- 2 lbs 900 g
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup 225 ml
- 4 oz. 110 g cream cheese
- ¼ cup 60 ml chopped fresh basil or
- 1 1 lime, juicedlimes, juiced
- 1 lb 450 g smoked salmon
- Wash the zucchini and cut them into thin, pasta-like strips using a peeler, mandolin or spiralizer.
- Place the zucchini in a colinder, add salt, and mix to coat the strips. Set aside for 5-10 minutes and then press to discard excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, cream and lime juice in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes while stirring.
- Lower the heat and add herbs and the smoked salmon, cut into thin strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a frying pan and put over medium high heat. Add zucchini spirals and fry for a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with the sauce.
Not quite ready for zoodles? Try this easy but delicious wonder sauce on our keto pasta instead!