Zoodles with creamy salmon sauce
If you still think all pasta has to be noodles, grab a couple of zucchini and a vegetable peeler (or spiralizer) and try your hand at making zoodles. Voilà, the low carb noodle! What looks like a big pile will cook down and be gobbled up in no time. Especially once you top them with this "cream cheese meets smoked salmon somewhere other than a bagel" wonder of a sauce. A killer combo.
- 2 lbs 900 g zucchini, spiralized
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (110 ml) cream cheese
- ¼ cup (1⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (11 g) chopped fresh basil or fresh cilantro
- 1 1 lime, the juicelimes, the juice
- 1 lb 450 g smoked salmon
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Wash the zucchini and cut them into thin, pasta-like strips using a peeler, mandolin or spiralizer.
- Place the zucchini in a colinder, add salt, and mix to coat the strips. Set aside for 5-10 minutes and then press to discard excess liquid.
- Meanwhile, mix cream cheese, cream and lime juice in a small sauce pan. Bring to a simmer and cook for a few minutes while stirring.
- Lower the heat and add herbs and the smoked salmon, cut into thin strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add oil to a frying pan and put over medium high heat. Add zucchini spirals and fry for a minute or two. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately with the sauce.
Not quite ready for zoodles? Try this easy but delicious wonder sauce on our keto pasta instead!
Recommended special equipment
You should squeeze a lot of the salt on the zucchini off and then absorb even more whth the kitchen paper. I put really a lot of fresh coriander (cilantro) in mine which was a great fresh element. I also added a little chicken broth, my friend and I loved it.
Sounds great! So glad you both enjoyed it!