Veal burger with celery root mash and sugar snaps
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground veal or ground turkey
- 4 4 egg yolkegg yolks
- ½ cup 120 ml
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter, for frying
- 1½ lbs 650 g or
- 1 tsp 1 tsp white wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 oz. 28 g butter
- salt and pepper
- 4 oz. 110 g sugar snap peas
- 2 oz. 55 g butter
- Add all ingredients for the veal burger, except the butter, in a large bowl. Mix into a smooth batter with a hand mixer. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Peel and dice the celery root. Cook until soft in lightly salted water for about 20 minutes. Add vinegar, if you're using any. The vinegar helps the celery retain its color and adds extra flavor.
- Strain the water. Mix celery and butter into a smooth puree. Season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Shape meat into round balls and flatten slightly into patties. Fry in butter in a large frying pan on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Before serving, melt butter on medium heat in a skillet until amber-colored, for a nice nutty taste. Fry sugar snaps for a few minutes in butter.
- Serve veal burgers with the celery root mash and browned butter.
Recommended special equipment
- Blender or food processor