Sugar-free mulled wine
- 25 fl. oz. 750 ml red wine or white wine, with or without alcohol
- 1 tsp 1 tsp cloves
- 1⁄3 oz. 10 g dried ginger
- 2 2 cinnamon stickcinnamon sticks
- ¼ oz. 7 g dried bitter orange peel
- 1 1 star anise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp cardamom seeds (green)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp vanilla extract (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat all the ingredients on medium-low heat. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, without bringing to a boil.
- For a more intensive taste, allow the spices to infuse overnight, then strain the next day.
- To serve, heat without boiling and serve with nuts or other snacks.
You can also spice things up by adding a drop of cognac, calvados or vodka. You can also add some of your preferred sweetener if you wish.
There are liquid flavor extracts you can add to the mixture, such as vanilla or cinnamon. Ready-made mulled wine spices are also quite popular if you want to make things even more simple.