Quick and easy bearnaise sauce
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 (2 oz.) 2 (60 g) shallot, finely choppedshallots, finely chopped
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 7 oz. 200 g butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Add shallots, water, white wine vinegar and tarragon to a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Simmer until the water is half of what it initially was. Strain the liquid to remove the shallot or blend it smooth for extra flavor.
- Crack the egg into a high and narrow mixing bowl or large glass measuring cup or beaker.
- Melt the butter in a pourable container, either in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- While using an immersion blender in one hand, with the other hand slowly pour the melted butter into the egg in the mixing bowl. Pour the butter in a thin steady stream while you keep blending. Note that the lower layer is supposed to turn white and creamy before you bring up the blender to the next layer. The bearnaise is ready when it's thick and fluffy.
- Add the tarragon "broth" to the butter sauce. Add salt to taste, and perhaps some more acidity, like a squeeze of lemon or dash of wine vinegar.